Monday, July 12, 2021

present from Tigger or Jack

 This morning there was a present waiting for Bob outside the bedroom door.... a very small DEAD mouse. We don't know who gifted us... Jack or Tigger.  No picture since Bob sent it to mousie heaven in the trash !!

We've had mice before and do keep traps set in the basement ... just in case. And Bob will check to see if any need resetting. There are gaps around  some of the vents and Bob works in the garage with the door open occasionally .

Our elder daughter has a thing about mice left over from her days in the Peace Corps in Morocco. Mice would crawl over her long hair at night...So she says she won't visit until we are sure the mice are gone.

I remember mice crawling through the walls in my Mother's Nova Scotia farm house... they would make a great racket until I banged on the wall and told them to be quiet. I set traps every time I visited  and was the "great white hunter" until I went home.

1 comment:

betty said...

Oh my! I think that is why I have never had a cat as a pet. Afraid of what presents they might want to bring to me. We have a lot of feral cats in our neighborhood. I hope they keep the rodent population down.

Betty