Wednesday, December 30, 2020

That week between

 Life had settled down ... a nice Christmas was had and a chance to see my daughters ( separately) was great!  ... but then the weather people started talking about a storm coming to the KC area on New Year's Eve through NY Day.... with ice, rain and snow... and power outages.  Yuck!

We started planning. I set up a curbside food pickup from the grocery store for Thursday morning. Checked for candles and battery lamps. Promised myself that everything would get charged before the storm arrived. We are lucky in that our utility lines are underground. Our stove, furnace and hot water heater are all gas.... and even the fireplace is a gas insert one. So we can hunker down pretty comfortably...

We received a test from a friend who works dispatch for the electric company warning us of the storm and possible power outages...must be fairly serious if she texted her friends!!

A package arrived today containing a cutter quilt... a blogger had mentioned  she had one, did anyone want it? I thought a quilt bear would be fun to work on after New Years... so I am looking forward to opening the package!!

My husband has been enjoying hour after hour... day after day.. of Dr. Who on BBC ( I have been hand sewing bears nearby) which will have a big "finale" on Saturday.  We have been irregular followers since the first Doctor a million years ago!


2 comments:

Cherie said...

Happy New Year. Bears are such fun to make I was quite addicted to making them for a while and my friend recently got the bear bug. Enjoy making that quilt.

Kay said...

Happy New Year! I imagine we'll all have even more time to devote to our projects. I don't think I have the patience for quilting, but I really admire the work of those who do. I'll probably just keep making masks.