Saturday, December 19, 2020

cookies cookies and more cookies

 After the Christmas boxes were mailed to Bob's brothers my stash of Christmas cookies looked pretty small ! So I have been baking more... Scottish shortbread, Mexican Wedding Bells/Russian teacakes ( you choose which name you prefer!)  and so on. 

I found a recipe for Chai latte snickerdoodle cookies which I might try  and a  Canadian friend on Facebook made Nanaimo bars ( posted a picture and the link to the recipe) and we may try them if not before Christmas then afterwards!! These bars call for vanilla custard powder which I had never heard of but found that my Wal-Mart carries Birds Vanilla custard powder !

After waiting weeks, a physical gift card  I purchased finally arrived.  After waiting and waiting for this one we decided to print out other  gift cards instead... Amazon had a neat printable for their gifts cards with graphics and instructions for folding so that it doesn't look like just something from one's printer!!

Christmas break... or Winter break if you prefer ... started after school yesterday for my grandson, his teacher Mother and his Americorps tutoring sister!!  Off until after New Year !

 


 

 

 



4 comments:

Bill said...

Those cookies sound great!

maureenlthompson said...

Lucky you that you found Bird's custard powder. It is definitely English. You use it to make a hot sauce to pour over desserts like any sort of fruit pie or steamed pudding etc. I checked our local Walmart but they do not stock it. I still have some my daughter sent me from home last year. My husband isn't keen, he likes vanilla ice cream on his pies so I don't make custard that often.

Joanne Noragon said...

I love Russian tea cakes.

Kay said...

Sigh... I used to love those Russian tea cookies. I can't have them anymore though. Sigh...