Tuesday, September 8, 2020

wide awake

Wasn't really asleep this morning at 7.30 when the phone began to ring.  It was raining heavily and rumbling not too far away. My daughter lives about 4 - 5 miles away and had lost her electricity... but we hadn't.

My daughter had contacted her school district since she was to start online teaching in an hour... and with no electricity, that wasn't going to happen!

My grandson was to start online high school at the same time and that wasn't going to happen either.

Told her he could come here and "go to school"! 

He was on his way ( Father driving) when my daughter called to say the electricity was back on and that my grandson and his Father were headed home....

Everything back to normal ( except for the rain) with 5 minutes to spare!!

1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

That was dedication. He could have called off.