Saturday, September 12, 2020

it seems like nothing

 It seems like nothing... but I did manage to go into Kansas City and get my hair cut. Mark, my "stylist" was amazed at how long my hair had gotten. He liked the  new look so just shaped and thinned it. I now have gray sections from the center of my head...

I also managed a trip to the cardiologist. His office is part of a hospital so there was a routine to get into the building... temp, questions etc ending with a dated green sticker to wear. The doctor seemed happy with me but has decided it's been too long since my last echo cardiogram and scheduled me for a new one next week.

My grandchildren and their mother were over today. My daughter to make a shelf for next to her computer... much needed with the online teaching... to hold stuff while she is online.

My grand daughter to talk about her college plans for next fall... this year is turning into a gap year. She "moved out' and into a house with two friends. She is working for Americorps as a preschool reading tutor and at Applebee's ( a chain restaurant) doing what ever they need. She is coping with growing up in a really weird time.

My grandson tagged along. I asked him how his schooling is going. He said the teachers are doing better... no more scheduling things that conflict with other teachers!! And he's getting his homework done....English, Biology, Geometry, History and Health .... and Band  which he actually goes into the school building for.

Felt somewhat strange having them all in our house ... all at the same time... that hasn't happened since February.

2 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

This is turning into a gap year for my granddaughter, too. So, she took a job at Chipolte.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I can only imagine how difficult is must be for young people ready to embark on their lives, and have it all on hold. To harness that energy. Sounds like your granddaughter is doing her best. Thanks for posting on my blog, fellow Airstreamer. I am looking to great adventures as I learn how it works. Ha!