Saturday, January 26, 2019

"Boozy Botanicals" Night Out





Thursday night my daughters and I had a girls night out.... my husband was watching my older daughter's puppy Harper Lee.  We  started out at DD1 's office and went for dinner at a nearby Chinese restaurant. We all had crab rangoon's and then an entree. Mine was cashew chicken and white rice. ( enough for Bob and I to have the leftovers the following night for dinner!)
Then it was off for a making and tasting!  We learned how to make syrups and shrubs for "boozy cocktails" ... though there we were told of lots of other ways to use them.I am going to try making my own!  I have visions of booze, ice. a fruit shrub in my glass for a great hot summer day drink !
The presenter mentioned using the syrups on roasted veggies .... and in cakes...

The canning jars contain an apple/pear /cinnamon stick syrup .... the darker red one is a blackberry/raspberry/ pinch of ground ginger shrub which uses vinegar instead of water. The presenter made these while talking!

The ones in bottles are the ones she sells - grocery stores liquor departments,  bars, online etc. She makes them at a place which provides the facilities for small companies which makes sure all government regulations are followed.... and includes bottling and labeling!  She makes at least  4 more varieties.

Fun time... hope DD1 finds some more things to go to!  Hopefully when it's warmer out ... them temps were bitter going down to single digits by the time we were heading home!


1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

Ah, girls' night out. It's been a while. I'm more into girls at breakfast. But, good times, all.