Sunday, October 7, 2018

Harper Lee

Instead of spending yesterday sorting through more of my son's household items we ( my daughters and grandson) headed out to Ottawa, Kansas ( Prairie Pups Shelter) to see Harper Lee... a part bloodhound 5 month old puppy DDL had on reserve.
This has been a "lack of joy" year for all of us... and it looks like Harper will add some. After spending some time with her at the shelter DDL decided she was a good fit and paid the fee. We all settled in for the trip back ( about 1.5 hours). Harper did very well though she did whine a few times and let out a typical bloodhound bay!
I wish I had more pictures... she loves sitting on laps though she will soon outgrow that! Now she and Floyd ( DDL's 11 year old Australian Shepherd mix who has been missing his companion Chloe) have to get used to one another.
My husband and son-in-law who did not go to Ottawa with us did get a lot done at my son's while we were gone!!

BTW.. it will be interesting to see how big she ends up!!

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the ears! Hopefully she is a good fit! :)