Wednesday, October 17, 2018

creeping closer and closer

We are creeping ever closer to closing on Robb's house. Signing takes place Friday. My husband has been doing all the little fix-up the buyers requested ... and some big ones like arranging for a new roof.  The Kansas City area had a huge amount of rain last week which made it obvious that the sump pump wasn't working. So my husband and son-in-law bought a new pump and replaced it. They found that the bottom of the sump was filled with dirt and leaves which had to be removed first before the new motor could be put in.  It took forever... including trips to Home Depot ( as always) for some little thing they just had to have!
One good thing... fixing the sump helped the new radon detector work better!!
My DH has a few more bits and pieces of Robb's to bring to our home and then we are done.

My daughters have been enjoying a trip away to Orlando. One had a convention/seminar to attend and the other went to keep the first company. They both needed the chance to get away! Last night they "dined" at Pio Pio ... a chain... but good and sort of Cuban in style.... enjoying rice, empanadas, fried pork skins, plantains etc. They said they ordered too much!! LOL

We stayed home (lol) enjoying their texts while I worked on bears etc. for the next online show ( November). Looking at what I have made you would think Christmas was coming !! I will add a photo of my lead bear shortly




1 comment:

diane b said...

A busy time for you all.