Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are down in Tulsa, OK visiting our son. He was in charge of the turkey so we tried a new brine recipe... brown sugar, peppercorns, maple syrup, bourbon and fresh thyme. It made a wonderful moist turkey! We also tried a new mashed potato recipe from Better Homes and Gardens..... cream cheese, blue cheese, caramelized onions, butter , cream and fresh parsley. Great flavor combination! We are on leftovers till we head home! We actually have to do turkey day all over again next weekend for the Kansas City family members!
Whilest the men did their stuff I worked on some bears.... but forgot the cord to download pictures to our laptop! So I will have to post them on BearPile and etsy ( and this blog) when we get home!
The men went to their chosen store for Black Friday ( I styed home waiting for a new bed delivery) and when they returned I went to JoAnne's Fabric store.... I seen Christmas pj's in my future!
How many of you were out shopping?

No comments: