Friday, March 22, 2024

Yarn store trip

Yesterday I went to Independence's double yarn store...Angelika's and Knitcraft. Two in one LARGE building. I hadn't been in awhile but JoAnn's, Michael's and Hobby Lobby didn't have what I wanted...fingering yarn (thin yarn) in great colors in wool blend and/or soft acrylics.

They have a wonderful selection of everything under the sun! Took my selections to the check out and found I had to pay each store separately!  Oh well... easy enough.

Afterwards I decided to take the long way home... back roads instead of the Interstate. It had been awhile and I was amazed at the changes that had take place but the section that goes through Burr Oak Conservation hadn't changed a twit!  My grand daughter and her husband hike the trails quite often.

Speaking of my grand daughter. She arrived in Japan yesterday for a week plus trip... meeting her unofficial uncle who is spending three months there. Lili cleared everything with her professors... getting her assignments early ( finished them). Her art teacher assigned her to take her sketch book and draw everything.. he will grade her!! She is also to take lots of photographs.

We all worried about her... she hadn't flown before and coping with airports can be a hassle. Lili told her Mother that she had told all the TSA people that this was her first trip and they walked her through everything and also made sure her camera's film was ok! Nice!!

Now we all wait for updates!!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Yay for Lili! I hope she has a fabulous time there. There is so much to see.