Monday, August 14, 2023

Fixed...glasses

 Fixed... Well, not exactly. Went to Discover's Optical Dept. with my broken glasses and ordered new ones. These will be a little different... a slightly larger glass area but with the insurance part and a discount the cost was not bad. They will have all the same stuff as the old ones - bifocals, anti-glare, transitions etc. BUT it takes two weeks... so the optical person shrink wrapped the ear piece to the hinge and I will make it (hopefully). I can't fold them but I can wear them!!  The new ones will probably arrive while we are gone...

Went to Hy-Vee for some groceries but the bagger did not put my tomatoes in any of the bags and when we discovered that, while putting things away Bob did not want to drive back. I phoned the store and we arrived at a solution. Next time I go to the store I will bring my receipt to customer service and I will get a cash refund! OK by me.

Supposedly the KC area received 3 inches of rain yesterday... not sure I believe that, but it was lots!! The " swimming pool" at the back of our lot and our neighbor's lot is still there!

USPS has made changes to its "Click and Ship" stuff... I hear all sorts of grunts and groans as Bob works his way through the changes... now he is having problems paying for his shipping label....finally finished and the box went out to our mailbox where it was picked up and sent on its way!!



1 comment:

Donna. W said...

We got 3 1/2 inches in our rain gauge, and we're probably 16 miles as the crow flies.