Monday, April 3, 2023

Spring... robins... bears etc

 We have been seeing robins all over this past week and have finished all of our bag of bird seed just in time. Lots and lots of daffodils... and the sound of paid lawn services abound!


This morning was a gray one when I headed to the grocery store ... to start accumulating "things" for Easter's get together. I was surprised to see more shoppers than check out people. I was told by mine that people are expecting tomorrow to be a storm filled day and they want to be prepared

Checked with Bob when I got home and we will indeed have thunderstorms, hail and tornadoes this week! Since I returned the sky has alternated between gray and sunny..

 

I am heading toward another bear milestone. I only have 100 bears to go before the big 7,000!! Do I stop then??

When my younger daughter headed off to college I made her a big bear to use as support when reading on her bed... a big blue one. That was back in 1993. The bear was used and loved... and recently started being part of my daughter's classroom. The kids love him and "use" him. My daughter told them I had made it for her and that he is now "old" and they have to treat him well... ps they want to meet me!! Aside from a couple of baths.. the bear is in amazingly good shape. After all he is 30 years old!!!

Same daughter had jury duty this morning... Her class was canceled  and she had her fingers crossed that she wouldn't be chosen for a jury. If she was... classes could be canceled. Luckily she has someone to cover the filed trip on Thursday if necessary.

She was chosen... a civil case. They expect to be done by tomorrow afternoon.  The trial starts this afternoon.Surprisingly, the judge has arranged for breakfast and lunch for the jurors tomorrow and there are drinks etc available in a break room !


 


No comments: