Saturday, November 12, 2022

Grandson's trip to Hawaii

Dominic's trip to Hawaii with the Blue Springs Marching Band is getting closer and closer. The family is organizing suitcases and carryons for him. My old suitcase is bigger than most but he will need to pack his band uniform, two pairs of size 14 shoes (!), clothes for a week including nice ones for a special dinner, toiletries and so on! 

His parents have to drop him off at the high school just after 3 am ! Yuck... but at least they don't have to take him to KCI ( the airport) which is an hour away!

Also luckily, the school is shipping and paying for  his euphonium. Those with smaller instruments have to do it themselves.

So we will be having Thanksgiving dinner without him .. table will seem empty !

Weather has decided it's winter. The furnace is on... the days are gray and a cold front has arrived.  Meals have switched to winter fare. Last night it was pork in an apple cider gravy with red cabbage and baked or jacket potatoes. Red cabbage is a comfort food for this family... My Mother taught me how!! 

Another of her hand me down comfort food recipes is German potato pancakes...beginning to think it's time to make them again!!


1 comment:

Kay said...

I'm sure he will have a wonderful time. I'm wondering which island he's going to. I'm guessing Oahu. He'll want to try shave ice (snow cones) which my kids and grandkids love.