Sunday, January 9, 2022

fully vaccinated and boostered...

 I copied and pasted from ( http://mynext20yearsofliving.blogspot.com)  "retired knitter's blog".... she found it on Facebook...


I'm fully vaccinated and boostered. 

No, I don't know "what's in it". Neither this vaccine or the ones I had as a child. Nor do I know what's in the 11 secret herbs and spices at KFC.

I also don't know exactly what's in Ibuprofen or Paracetamol-- they just cure my headaches & my pains. 
I don't know what's in tattoo ink, botox and fillers, or every ingredient in my soap, shampoo or deodorants. I don’t know the long term effect of mobile phone use, or whether or not that restaurant I just ate at REALLY used clean foods and washed their hands.

There's a lot of things I don't know.
I do know one thing: life is short, very short.
I personally still want to do things. I want to travel and hug people without fear, and find a little feeling of life "before”.

Throughout my life I've been vaccinated against many diseases. Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, chickenpox, hepatitis, pneumonia, influenza, rotavirus, tetanus, pertussis. My parents (and I) trusted the science, and never had to suffer through or transmit any of those said diseases.
I'm vaccinated. Not to please the government. Not to make other people do it. 

But I don't want to:
* die from Covid-19
* lie in ICU with a pipe down my throat
* not be able to hug my loved ones
* have to test routinely
* live my life in fear


Add to that ... I am ( we are) careful ... wear masks and avoid "super spreader" places!!

2 comments:

barbara woods said...

Me to Girl! Missed Christmas with the step=kids because they were sick

Kathy G said...

Amen!