Monday, December 20, 2021

postponing Christmas

 My grandson ( vaccinated twice) texted home,  during a final exam, that he was feeling ill. His father checked with attendance office and arranged to pick him up. One of his lunch buddies had tested positive for covid so my grandson's parents arranged for a rapid covid test this afternoon.

It came back positive  ..my daughter, son-in-law and grandson are under quarantine till next week. The family talked about splitting up , presents too! But we decided to postpone things till the end of next week... unless someone else in the family caught it from my grandson.  If that happens we will be having an Eastern Orthodox Christmas in January.

Best laid plans don't always work out...


ps... Dominic is almost 16 so has not been cleared for a covid booster vaccination...  yet

2 comments:

Terra said...

I hope your grandson is well soon and that no one else in your family gets Covid. I am very disappointed that the two vaccinations plus booster are not keeping people from getting Covid. I read that many professional sports teams are finding that their double vaxed athletes are getting positive tests. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and hope you can get together safely soon.

Kathy G said...

Like you said, plans don't always come through the way we'd like them to, but your celebration will be even sweeter when it happens.