Wednesday, August 26, 2020

super hot

I'd add "same old same old" to the super hot. We have been in the mid-90's for days past and will be continuing in the same direction for days ahead. Everything is dry dry dry too!!

So... what that means is that we stay home. I did go to the grocery store this morning... we needed bread, milk, bananas ( my husband's a banana-holic) and a few other things My glasses fogged up even inside of the store! I guess others are staying home too - the store was pretty empty!

#2 daughter stopped by to color print "business" cards to send to her students... for the kids to give to their parents  with all her contact information.  Included in the letter she is sending will be a sticker  for the kids to put on their I-pads... peel off-able of course. She will be virtually teaching ... starting next week. Her  home"office" is all set up. She teaches online from 8.30 to 11am  and 11.30 to 2pm.  New world for all.

Her school district is not an affluent one and having wi-fi access can be a problem. The school district is providing the I-pad and one of the Kansas City NFL football players  ( Patrick Mahomes) is providing hot spots for all.  So virtual teaching will be accessible to all!!  Hooray for Mahomes!! BTW this is not the only good thing he has done!!

My son-in-law  wanted some more face masks -- larger than the usual size - so I have altered the pattern for him. He went to Wal-Mart and chose fabric  ( LOL). His masks now have red hot peppers all over them !

 


1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

Good luck, best wishes to all teachers and students next year.