Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I thought I'd use my passport photo to wish all of you a Happy Valentine's Day....

no it's not current... only about 61 years old! I was 6 when we emigrated from the UK. We came on the French liner "Liberte". The voyage took a week. Only wine was served with dinner and even watered down I didn't like it!
My Mother woke me early on the morning we sailed into the NY harbor to see the Statue of Liberty. No Ellis Island... but we had lines to go through to get into NYC. Then my first car ride ( promptly carsick...).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bettina! I saw your comment over at A Spoonful of Sugar and thought I would come and say hello. What an amazing story, my Mum emigrated from the UK to Australia when she was very young too; I'd love to see her passport photo! I'm sorry I can't offer my Design Kits to overseas shoppers, but it is on the agenda! Your boys are adorable too :)

NickiLee said...

Hi Bettina,

Thank you fro stopping by my Blog and tkaing a chance on my Valentine CQ Candy - Good Luck!

Your bears are simply adorable! I just loved your story and your passport photo is so cute! I still have all 3 of mine and love going back and remembering the places I've been.

Have a great day!
Nicki Lee