Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Jubilee is over...


The Kansas City Bill Boyd Memorial Teddy Bear Jubilee is over for 2011....I enjoyed it ( as usual) even if I didn't get to spend as much time there. Bob and I mixed a stone carving 3-day workshop with the 3-day teddy bear convention! I found myself wishing I could clone myself because I wanted to be at both things at the same time! Didn't happen!
Molly, my elephant in the kimono, won a first place ribbon for"under 6 inches dressed" in the Jubilee competition!!

As for stone carving.... my limestone piece isn't finished. I worked on it all Friday becoming more and more frustrated. Then I learned on Sunday that I had picked one of the hardest shapes to carve.... and felt much much better. There isn't much carving left... though I will still have loads of sanding to work on! I will post a picture then!
Now that The Jubilee and the bear show down in Grapevine, Tx. are over , I have started putting bears in my etsy shop again! Here is the link! By the way... sales at the two shows were good!!

No comments: