Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tickled pink

The Bill Boyd Memorial Jubilee in Kansas City is over for 2009... next year will be its 20th Anniversary year! I think I've missed only 3 in all those years!
I scrounged around and found loads of pins, buttons and even a bolo tie from the Jubilee, Linda Mullins' show, TBAI show, ABC shows, Mark McCay's New Brunswick show and so on and put them on a beanie ( and bear) for Friday nights' auction for Good Bear's of the World. I had no idea what he'd bring; but when Martha Burch said sold...... it was for $290 ! All proceeds to GBW's cause!
On Saturday , sale day, sales could have been stronger though little things, a few bears and my hedgehog kits did go home with new owners! BUT , one of my little needle felted bears did win a second place ribbon - dressed, 8-13" category!! I'll put up her picture with her ribbon later today!
So....all in all... I had a tickled pink weekend!

2 comments:

Jenny Lee said...

CONGRATULATIONS Bettina!!!!! Am so happy for you :D

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Bettina! You're great!!