Thursday, April 16, 2009

something way different... and not a bear!


My daughter is the development director ( in charge of fund raising) for a non-profit called Phoenix Family Housing here in Kansas City. I made a quilt as a fund raiser for them and am selling it on etsy. All the proceeds will go to Phoenix Family. I was really lucky that Amy Smart from The Quilting Diaries read my comment about the quilt on her blog and donated a big box of fabric squares... some of which I used here! I flipped over the quilt's corner so that the viewer could see that I backed it with a nice cosy chenille. The quilt measures 39" by 43"... made by machine and quilted "in the ditch".
If this works... there are more squares in the box!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

very nice! thanks Mom

Southern Bears said...

It's a lovely quilt. How very generous of you!