Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Steps towards Christmas

 We have been taking "steps" towards Christmas... I made a huge batch of Chex Mix and gave some to both daughters. Started baking cookies. Made "crack pretzels" for my grandson ( he loves them!)

I shopped for more things for Christmas baking,,, and impulsed some necessary food stuffs.

Went to Dollar Tree for plastic containers for whatever I've made... colorful tissue paper for wrapping...Andes Chocolates ( mostly for my younger daughter. They were her grandfather's favorite and the chocolates remind her of him).

The Hallmark store for cards. I found some by Unicef which remind me of what we need most of now - peace. While looking I didn't put some card boxes back correctly ... so down they went with a crash. The cashier came running to make sure I was ok..she was concerned ( nice).

Talked with my grand daughter who wanted some ideas for presents... We talked about present coupons for "help with needed tasks". One she is thinking about is for her parents. She wants to make a special dinner for them. She has been working in Houlihan's kitchen  and has learned lots!!

Tomorrow I will try a new recipe for non-baked cookies. Hope it works.

The PO tracks my bears that I sold and mailed... fun watching the tracking. The packages went all over : Texas, Illinois, Ohio, Georgia, Alabama


2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Sounds like fun. Glad your bears weren't making "tracks" in the snow! Linda in Kansas

Bettina Groh said...

Now the PO is sending me emails telling me a bear has been delivered!!