Sunday, July 11, 2021

Working inside

Our weather has become occasional rain  and gray skies... so working on bears and friends for the next online show has become the "thing to do"! 

I "treated" myself to some new mohair fabric so my attempt to downsize my stash has gone !!! Phooey!!  But new colors and textures are a treat..

I finished a blue bear yesterday and I think I'll call her "Skye" ... and now I have to decide how to accessorize her. Sometimes that part is the hardest part.

Wednesday my quilting group will meet again. As I have said before, we don't all quilt but we do all talk and eat ! I am looking forward to it and have sent out a text reminder. 

One "member" also makes bears among other things. At our last get together she had been working on memory bears made from a mouton coat ( sheep). The leather was so stiff and thick that she really had difficulty sewing the bears. I came across a package of leather needles from my days of making bears from mink, Russian squirrel etc fur coats and will bring them along for her.

Bob had planned to mow the yard ... again... The grass grows quickly this time of year, but the rainy day has put a stop to that!  Not that he is unhappy about that!! He has found some little jobs inside that are more to his liking! 

LATER..

 .made the blue bear a pinafore dress and added a ribbon head band... 

 I tried a new recipe for peach shortcake type thing. It had great peach flavor but it was way too sweet and the shortcake part was somewhat gummy. Maybe the peaches were too juicy? Not a keeper recipe.


2 comments:

betty said...

How fun with your quilting group! Always good to get together with friends and enjoy the time together.

betty

Joanne Noragon said...

Life goes on, and so does grass.