Thursday, July 15, 2021

Wal-Mart shopping

 I don't usually shop at Wal-Mart but I needed some fiberfill... also known as Poly-Fil for my bears and friends and since I am not shopping at  Hobby Lobby that was the place to go!!

It was sprinkling so I took my umbrella... which was a good thing because it was pouring when I left Wal-Mart!!  Anyway picked up some groceries and a huge bag of Poly-Fil  for $10.00. That should last awhile, right? The store wasn't busy and so when it was time to check out I found that the store actually had two cashier manned lines and no waiting. There were probably 20 or more diy ones but when I have things without bar codes such as peppers I'd rather have a person!!

Took the longer way home to see what was new... Whataberger is working on a site across from McDonalds !! The city's "Fieldhouse" - a  gym workout etc facility - parking lot was full for the first time in over a year.  Signs for vacation bible school were up at several churches. 

Later Bob treated me to a take out lunch ... raining too much to eat outside so we took it home.

Even later we all received a message from my niece saying she had found that a coworker is a third cousin! This led her to include a link to the Mormon Church's genealogy website in Salt Lake City, Utah. Carolyn ( my younger daughter) signed up and we explored the family history while on the phone. The site is amazing....She traced her grandparents WAY back to before the 1600's on both sides. You can find lots of info on each ancestor ... where born, where died, where buried, siblings etc.

BTW ... Bob did all the laundry today even folding. Mine was waiting on the bed ready for me to put away!!

3 comments:

betty said...

Genealogy is interesting! What a good site you found with lots of good information. Getting treated to lunch out and having the laundry done for you are great Friday blessings!

Betty

Joanne Noragon said...

When my youngest was a Mormon, she posted a lot of family information on their web site. I was appalled at the misspellings and wrong dates. I wonder if she ever fixed it.

Kay said...

I don't go shopping much to Walmart, but they sure are convenient.