Thursday, February 22, 2024

Thursday's jaunt

 I decided it was a good day to get out of the house and do a little shopping. I went first to Hobby Lobby looking for some ideas for accessories for my bears and friends. Found lots of clearance displays but nothing I wanted/needed. Did find two rabbit scrapbooking papers...sum total of $.89 ..Big spender.

Then it was Aldi.. bananas, mushrooms, butter, Swiss cheese,  eggs and so on. Everything on my list! Was heading home when a huge SUV backed out of its parking spot almost into my front passenger door! If I had been sitting there I could have reached out the window and touched it! He/she stopped when I "laid" on the horn and drove back into his/her spot.

Went on home and collapsed! Bob unloaded the groceries!

Just as I arrived my grand daughter called and a nice phone call settled my nerves. She told me her Spanish professor wants her to go to Buenos Aires on a 6 week summer program. The professor will help her apply, get scholarship money and fill in details. All in all... Lili has lots to think about. Evidently Lili has an aptitude for languages ( Just like her great grandmother who knew 3 languages and learned a fourth - Russian- in her 50's)

BTW... aside from taking college Spanish Lili is learning colloquial Spanish from her kitchen coworkers! Gosh darn it... she finds learning a language to be easy! 

1 comment:

Kay said...

We don't have an Aldis or Hobby Lobby here in Hawaii. I did used to love going there when we lived in Chicago. I'm so glad you had a productive day, but wow! That was scary with the SUV.