Sunday, December 13, 2020

Christmas things

 We always send a box of  "Christmas" to Bob's brothers.... so it was time to start baking!!  I made more homemade Chex mix ( people have been eating up the first batch) and cookies. 

I have been printing out new cookie recipes to try. One was very similar to our favorite Russian tea cakes/ Mexican Wedding Bells one but included chocolate chips....so baked a batch. Not sure whether this new recipe will replace the old ... too chocolatey for me.

Another (not new) recipe I baked was Bob's Mother's ... Wheaties cookies or "poor man's macaroons".... a family favorite.

Today I am making a chocolate cut-out cookie recipe... new to us. Can you tell that chocolate is definitely a favorite of Bob's brothers? I will make the dough and put it  "to rest' in the fridge ... tomorrow I will cut them out... stars , trees, holly leaves etc. All the old favorites.

I think I may make a batch of shortbread too! 

With all this baking... I think I may need to put the scale in a more noticeable spot !! 


Bob is my bowl and paddle "licker".... says the chocolate cut out cookie recipe dough is good!!


No comments: