Friday, April 5, 2024

Update

 Life has had it's ups and downs this past week or so. Our elder daughter, Bob and myself treated ourselves to an Easter brunch at Ophelia's on the Independence Square... definitely a treat.

Lili is back from Japan ...she enjoyed it but found that the transplantation to Japan was a little hard. This is the "child" who was homesick every time she went to Girl Scout Camp!

A visit to the podiatrist left me in a world of pain afterwards which meant our trip to Branson for a ham radio convention was cancelled... Bob also had second thoughts about the 3.5 hour drive each way.

But the trip to the yarn store earlier gave

 me supplies to keep me occupied while I HURT!

 


My birthday ( 4/4/45) had been put off since we had planned to be in Branson... but Bob bought a cake and people dropped by anyway...  my teacher daughter stressed that this birthday I am a prime number...79 ! Teachers keep a multitude of factoids in their heads!!

Redbuds, cherries, crabapples, dogwoods, violets are in bloom nearby and my lilacs are covered with buds!!



3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Happy Birthday! We are the same age!

Kathy G said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry to hear that your plans had to be changed.

Are those cute sweaters for bears?

DrumMajor said...

Those are beautiful sweaters. Ask that foot doc for some pain medicine! Happy Birthday! Linda in Kansas