Thursday, March 7, 2024

busy-ish day

On a foggy cold day that turns into a wet rainy one being busy is a good idea. Bob has been sorting through stuff upstairs in what had been our son's room when he was a kid. I worked through my mohair fabric stash and then through my patterns to find one that fit the piece..Then cut out the pattern! I put the pieces in a ziplock bag..label it.. add thread etc. That way I can grab a bag and get to work making a bear or a bear friend.

We are heading to one of the local thrift stores tomorrow to donate ...sorting  stuff led to bags of unwanted/needed things.

Bags of bear parts will be packed for our trip to Branson in April. Bob has a ham radio convention there and will have a sales table so I will need something to occupy my time. There is supposed to be a room for "wives" to do crafts while the hams do their thing. The last time we went the organizers said the same thing but it didn't happen. Hopefully this time it will...

The convention will have a banquet Friday night, sales tables, kit building and a raffle  Saturday and  then we will head home . 

Maybe I should take some knitting supplies as well... small sweaters for bears are an easy project.


 

1 comment:

Kay said...

Have fun, Bettina! And have a wonderful weekend.