Monday, January 29, 2024

glasses fixed

Headed out fairly early to the place where I bought my glasses last October for repair!  Left with new nose pieces and an adjustment of the frames. We'll see how well things work!!

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Price Chopper advertised chicken legs for $.49/ lb ...but you had to buy a 10 lb bag ! The sale ends tomorrow so I wanted to pick up  the bag full!

The couple in the check out line  before me had a cart ful of groceries... and I mean full. I don't think I have seen such  full cart before! Luckily another person opened a check out line and I was done in a flash. Bob helped me divide up the bag of legs...two legs in each freezer bag and then two bags in a second freezer bag. That should do it. My freezer is now pretty full!!

Time for some new chicken legs recipes?? 

The temperature has reached 59 F ! And it's sunny!! Poor Punxsutawney  Phil is not going to find it so nice out when he pops up on Friday the 2nd.

We've ... well mostly him... have munched our way through his last loaf of bread so he will bake again tomorrow.

 


1 comment:

Donna. W said...

I often buy those big bags of chicken legs. I boil them, then get rid of the skin and bones, cut them up in small chunks, and put them in freezer bags, two or three cups of chicken in each bag. I have a lot of casserole recipes that require cooked chicken. I also save the broth and freeze that in freezer bags, because it's much better than the broth you can buy.