Monday, November 13, 2023

Trip to the grocery store

 My trip to the grocery store ended up being different than I expected. As I drew into a parking space another car was trying to get into the spot in front of me. The driver was having problems and the car was sporting a Virginia license plate. 

I couldn't see the driver  and on the next try the driver scraped the car in the spot next to it... quite a long scrape and fairly deep. The driver pulled back out and went to another parking space.

Not quite sure what to do... didn't feel like I could knock on the car window... you know we hear about road rage etc. So I went into the grocery store and told the customer service rep. She contacted the manager. 

So we two went out into the parking lot after I told him what had happened and he asked if I could recognize the cars etc which I could. He took pictures and contacted the damaged car's owner.

The owner came out and looked his car over... not too happy. The manager told him he had video if necessary. At the same time the Virginia car's driver got out and came over apologizing telling the three of us the car was a rental and getting out her insurance card.

At that point the manager and I left ( though I did leave my name and phone number wit the customer service person)... Both cars were gone when I left for home!

I sort of feel like a snitch but if it had been my car that was damaged.....

4 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Wonder if the driver doing the damage would not have come over to the damaged car if he hadn't seen all of you around it. Linda in Kansas

Donna. W said...

I think you did the right thing.

Aaliyah said...

Thanks for sharing.
Wishing you a happy new month.
ភ្នាល់បាល់អនឡាញ

San Manuel said...

Appreciation for your thought-provoking content. Your post resonated with me.