Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Getting "stuff" for the feast

I have started buying things for our Thanksgiving feast... at least my part of it. Some things have been parceled out to my two daughters and my grand daughter.

I found my turkey at Aldi's.  May have been able to get it cheaper or by buying a ham or something else... but Aldi's had Butterball turkeys and somewhat cheaper!!

So it in my freezer it went.

Still more to get, of course. Like Pepperidge farm herb bread cubes for stuffing. I have used them for almost 60 years and won't be changing now!!

But this start of "accumulating" things has me feeling in the holiday mood!! And my freezer looks much more organized! I'll have to clear out a spot for the turkey in the refrigerator when I start thawing it Saturday night!!

Told my daughter the sale stuff I had seen in Aldi  so she will shop tomorrow. Some of her items will part of our family dinner but some she will buy for herself. She has a second dinner for her family on the weekend afterwards.

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

I wish I had a freezer big enough to purchase things in advance!