Thursday, February 7, 2019

coating with ice

Our lovely spring-like weather of the past weekend has gone.... yesterday the temps dropped and a day-long misty rain froze. Its still COLD and the misty rain is back . So the ice coating and ice on the roads will increase. (The bigger highway roads have been treated and aren't too bad... my husband had errands and this was his "report".)

I went on a "search" - google and etsy - for someone who used to make dresses for my bears from vintage hankies. I found her so  have to choose which hankies I want to sent to her. Her dresses are very well made. All finished inside and wonderfully smocked! Yay Nancy!!

I found a free pattern for a garter stitch shawl...so I decided to give it a try for a bear. Now I have to decide how big!! The pattern has a neat cast-off which I will try when the shawl is "big enough".  Maybe it won't be for a bear but for a friend...

Started this yesterday... The ice is a little thicker. the roads not as good. The news showed a flipped school bus and a truck used to salt/snd the roads . No one was seriously hurt in either incident.
Most schools are closed today and other stores etc. are open late or closed.
We had thunder in the middle of the night and there is about a 1/2 inch of snow on top of the ice.

The groundhog said early spring... not sure I believe him at all!!
Not going anywhere....!!!

2 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I knit my friend's bear a sweater and a tam once. Darling. Then a friend of hers asked if I would make an identical set for her bear. After some consideration, I said No.

diane b said...

Sounds like awful weather. Good to stay inside and make bears.