Monday, March 21, 2022

It WAS a busy one...

 Our weekend did turn out to be s busy one. We did the de-clutter on Saturday.... ending up with very full trash bins and three cars full of "stuff" needing to find new homes. Some things will go to the several thrift shops in town. Different thrifts are interested in different types of donations. Some things will go to my grand daughter for her apartment.... and the sewing machine goes to my home.

The sewing machine isn't staying... somehow it has gotten frozen and my husband is going to work on it and see if he can free it up.

Sunday was dinner for all... sort of a celebration for all we had done the day before. My daughter made meatloaf, roasted green beans, twice baked potatoes ... dessert was a frozen chocolate one, but good non the less.

When we returned home Bob looked up the sewing machine online and printed out "instructions" . We had the original manual but it didn't have any inside diagrams. So we took a lot  of the machine apart... nothing wrong in the bobbin area. Working at the belts we could move the needle up and down... but the clutch part would not be freed up. 

Got in touch with the retired father of a friend who works on older machines  and arranged to leave it at a local quilt store  for him to pick up...fingers crossed he can do something!!

My daughter has more tasks planned for Friday and the weekend....


1 comment:

Kay said...

I sure hope you can get your sewing machine fixed. I didn't use my machine for a long, long time until the pandemic hit. Then I sewed 400 masks and had my machine serviced twice. Now it's sitting in my closet again.