Saturday, January 30, 2021

Raining

Bob just came in from putting out mail in the mailbox saying it was RAINING... yuck... but better than snow or ice!! It is so gray out that I hadn't noticed!

We are still waiting to hear about getting a covid vaccine. Missouri is at the bottom of the list of states listing the number of vaccines given. Still our "wonderful" governor praises himself every time I read something he's said!..Guess I don't agree.

Monday is February... this past month has zoomed by. Everything I read whether it be paper or Facebook or see on TV leaves me with an upset stomach and worries about what is going to happen next.  The idea that the MAGA's put forth about inaugurating Trump on March 4th doesn't help. Nor does the crazy ideas put forth by some of the Congress Reps and Senators... Nor the unwillingness of these same people to convict Trump...

Luckily I can keep busy....there's many a bear or bear friend to make. I  have been sorting through my bear making fabrics hoping to cut down the amount I have. I have been careful not to buy more (LOL) . I broke that agreement with myself last week and bought two "fat quarters" of mohair... partly because I'd hate to see my supplier go under. Partly because I wanted something new!  Some of my "stash" is from the 1990's !!


This mouse was made from leftover pieces... None of which would make anything by itself. If I remember correctly she was made from 5 different mohair fabrics!! The main piece was a tie -dye one... all different purples which made the other pieces work! Fun!

BTW... when I first started making bears, mohair cost about $100/ yard ( 36 inches long by 54" wide). Now it can cost over $240 for the same fabric. No wonder I bought more then!

 


1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

I do believe that rain will turn to you know what.
Sweet little mouse!