Sunday, December 23, 2018

Rugelach ....




Bob and I watched a PBS show starring two sisters from the Boston area... they were the first of many rugelach makings this year and so we decided to give it a try.  The one we chose has walnuts and apricot jam.
The cream cheese based dough is currently chilling in the fridge.  We have to wait at least two hours.

Lili's ( our GD) is working this afternoon and her parents are unavailble to drive her home when she is done. So the rugelach will wait until we have taken her home!!

DH and I will be having a quiet yummy dinner tonight ... hopefully the rugelach baking will be successful.... a small boneless leg of lamb, baked ( or jacket) potatoes, applesauce, home made cranberry sauce, a veggie and a sample try of two rugelach for dessert and some of Aldi's mulled wine.
This means I could empty the freezer a bit and put in some of the Christmas goodies from a brother-in-law!




They're done... not as beautiful as on the TV show but very tasty ( we sampled two) I wasn't very good at dividing up the circles into 12 pieces but I will be better next time. Parchment paper is a godsend for not having any stick!!

I have had all sorts of cookies recommended to me since I posted on Facebook... Jewish cookies for Purem, Danish cookies and so on.  People will be sending me recipes and next year's bake-a-thon will include some new ones!!

No comments: