Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Christmas goodies.

Since the Bright Star Bear Blitz show closed I have been working on Christmas goodies to mail off to my husband's siblings... I have made Scotch shortbread, cut out cookies, home made "Chex mix" and ginger cookies. My grandson made a large batch of chocolate chip cookies to add to my things.
This was his first time using parchment paper and the first batch of cookies slid off the cookies sheets into the bottom of the oven. We rescued them and made them ones to nibble! BTW... he's 12... and this will never happen to him again. My whole family loves that he loves to cook!

I will be baking more things  after the siblings' packages get mailed... I want to have several more types to put out when family drops by and on Christmas Day. My elder daughter loves Russian Teacakes or Mexican Wedding Bells - same cookie, different name - so will definitely be making those!

I've also made a batch of candied orange peel and a batch of dry sherry walnuts tomorrow ... I've found a recipe ( slightly different) for cream sherry nuts. Maybe I'll use pecans for these...

Christmas baking and candy making is always fun and I like making "stuff" especially for my brothers-in-law since they don't usually make things for themselves.


1 comment:

Henny Penny said...

Sure sounds like fun. I've never been a cookie maker. I have better luck with candies and pies. Have always envied those who bake all that pretty stuff for Christmas.