Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Fun busy morning

My younger daughter arrived while I was still in my pj's wanting to go to JoAnn's ( fabric store) to buy fabric for a lovely loose top for herself and another for my granddaughter. I know I will become the teacher again... but we will have fun making them. She found a dark burgundy knit for herself and a darker emerald green for my grand daughter.
We went next door to Dollar Tree ( everything is $1.00 and I mean everything) where we bought "lovely" Christmas socks to put our "stitch and bitch" Christmas gift exchange things in... Some of the little things I am going to put in my socks are Christmas pencils and erasers, Christmas candy canes, chocolate and a handmade Christmas tree  ornament. I will then tie a filled pair of socks together with a bow... This the first time my group has done this... another member and I saw the idea on facebook.

On our way home we stopped at Starbucks for Chai Lattes... after chatting awhile, she had to leave. She is using her time off from teaching this week to edit a grad student's papers. She says the student's work is improving... my daughter makes sure she comments on where changes in content and grammar need to be made.

Then it was off for a haircut and a grocery shop... think there are still things I need for Thanksgiving. Even with a list...I miss some things!

No comments: