Sunday, January 14, 2018

Feeling lazy

After our day trip yesterday I am feeling lazy...still in my pj's at 11 am...... we went to Booneville to check out another old Singer and its table. The machine was not really what we wanted. The table was. As soon as I can I will post pictures...yes, we bought them!
Then it was off to Rocheporte which is where I-70 crosses the Missouri River mid-state... and where the Les Bourgeois winery is!  Tasted and bought 6 bottles... 10% off with purchase of 6!!
Then headed home with a stop in Grain Valley's Brass Armadillo... 15% off sale. Not lucky this time.

While feeling lazy I have been reading blogs and wondering how so many manage to be frugal food shopping. I see so many recipes online ( facebook...e-mails) and am tempted to try them... but that means buying the ingredients which are not always "frugal"....


Made myself feel guilty so I am now dressed etc..... 
  
 Here are pictures of the table... it's a Singer 74 ( if you really want to know).


Yes... it needs work.... the top and inside work surfaces really have had hard use. The table is really different from most of them. The opening for the machine is canted and the top opens on the same angle. It is supposed to make your sewing so much more efficient. We'll see.  The Singer inside is a 15-91 and will take work. I think I will put another machine, one I use regularly, in this one when DH has touched it up!!
 

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice sewing machine cabinet! :)

Librarian said...

Hello Bettina, here is my return visit :-)
Lovely 1950s table - even without any sewing machine, it would make a great addition to my living room.
Love your Steiff animals! I still have all my original ones from when I was a kid.

Kay said...

I've never seen anything like it. That is so interesting and so different from the sewing machine my mother has.

Mama Spark said...

What an amazing table! I collect the old machines too and have never seen a table like this one! It is so awesome! GREAT find!