Wednesday, January 24, 2018

busy times

I drove to downtown Kansas City this morning for my every 7 weeks haircut. Mark and I get to play catch up on each other lives... He is a single urbanite adopted from the Philippines when he was a child. He was a stock broker but made this 90 degree shift into hair dressing. Love him!!
Today we talked about his recent cruise to Mexico, his Mother's leukemia and stroke and how his long time customers are getting OLDER . One of them he washes and cuts, does her make up etc twice a week in her home... sometimes she is " there", sometimes not.
I talked about my Mother and grand daughter and a fundraiser put on by my elder daughter's non-profit... The fundraiser was led by a  female impersonator which led to a discussion on "pronouns" .... when and what to use!!
My elder daughter has an appointment with Mark this afternoon .... will my ears buzz as they discuss me. Sometimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall and listen.... and other times I am glad I am not so I don't hear what they say!!

I have another online bear show coming up ... link on the right hand side. So I have been hard at work bear making, taking pictures and getting my website ready. I only need to add the PayPal buttons!
Ruby is my lead bear for the show ... Can one tell that Valentine's Day is coming up??

PS .... the weather has taken a nice shift to warmer!! They are talking about 60 degrees tomorrow. All the snow is gone just loads and loads of leaves from last fall.

1 comment:

Kay said...

60 degrees in Missouri in January? Awesome!