Monday, February 24, 2020

Gray and wet

Well... you can tell is a Monday since it is gray and wet again. Lately our weekends have been nice but as soon as Monday rolls around it get gray and wet. Looks like next weekend will be the same. We are still on that up and down roller coaster.

Saturday my daughters and I and two friends went to a bingo fundraiser at Hamburger Mary's in KC. Very off color jokes and language but fun anyway. Younger daughter won a raffle - bottle of booze and two bottles of barbecue sauce.   None of us won anything at bingo... rats.
Sunday my husband and son-in-law went to a wood turning class -- had fun and were successful. My daughter and I went to look at "open houses" while the men turned wood.
I haven't looked at brand new being built houses in forever so it was very interesting to see what is considered to be "in". 
The master bathrooms were huge .. the toilet in a separate room with door. The free standing oval tub would be impossible for me to get out of!! Liked that the houses had pantries with door and shelves in the kitchen. Liked the open concepts. But the lots are smallish. Some outside decks are at the second story with no stairs down.
But the "look see" was valuable for my daughter... the online viewing of the houses we looked at didn't really give her a good idea of how big or how small things actually are. We paced out bedrooms to see how beds would fit... a king size bed is hard to place!

Went to the gym this morning and then grocery shopping..... I am exhausted

1 comment:

Joanne Noragon said...

The size of lots is unbelievable, until I consider how many more people there are to house.